This freckled faced girl-next-door, tomboyish cutie who youâ€™d take home to show mommy in a second, is a 28 year-old Canandian who stars on the ABC hit show LOST. And if you havenâ€™t been on the island with her for the past 4 years, then you have been missing out. Evangeline was signed to the FORD Modeling Agency but opted not to pursue modeling and went after their acting branch. With tiny non-speaking roles in Freddy vs Jason, Smallville and Kingdom Hospital, her acting future was about to take off when she was cast in her first speaking role as Kate Austen in LOST with a payday of $80,000 an episode. Iâ€™m sure itâ€™s gone up since then and sheâ€™s only gotten sexier.
Birth Name: Nicole Evangeline Lilly
Birth Place: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Date of Birth: 08/03/1979
Zodiac Sign: Leo
If it seemed like this brunette stunner came out of nowhere when she made a splash on Lost, thatâ€™s because she did. The Canada-born bombshell initially didnâ€™t have glamorous aspirations â€” as a teen she lived in a grass hut while working as a missionary in the Philippines â€” but then an agent from the Ford Modeling Agency spotted her walking down the street in her homeland. She was initially hesitant to pursue this opportunity, but she did in order to earn money for her college tuition (though she didnâ€™t love the commercial work she began getting). After a handful of minuscule acting parts, Lilly landed on Lost as criminal castaway Kate Austen. She caught the eye of viewers as well as of costar Dominic Monaghan, with whom sheâ€™s had an on-again, off-again relationship. In 2009, Lilly made peace with her roots in modeling and doing commercials by signing on with Lâ€™OrÃ©al. But sheâ€™s also been candid about some regrets she has had about early decisions she made in her career, such as taking pictures that wound up in Maxim. Nevertheless, that doesnâ€™t stop Maxim from regularly selecting her to be on their annual Hot 100 list.
Evangeline Lilly Fast Facts:
- Was an antipoverty and human-rights activist in college.
- Pre-show-business jobs included waitress, bartender, restaurant floor manager, auto mechanic, and Sunday-school teacher.
- Was discovered by an agent from the Ford Modeling Agency while walking down the street in Canada.
- Before Lost, was an extra in the 2003 movie Freddy vs. Jason, and appeared as a corpse in ABCâ€™s 2004 Stephen King miniseries Kingdom Hospital.
- In a 2005 Rolling Stone interview, admitted â€œI donâ€™t have a lot of inhibitionâ€ and talked about doing crazy things when dared.
- Has often ranked on Maximâ€™s Hot 100 list, though in 2008 said she regretted taking photos early in her career that wound up in the likes of Maxim.
- Signed on to do commericals for Lâ€™OrÃ©al in 2009.
- Enjoys ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding and rock climbing.
Evangeline Lilly Relationships:
- Dominic Monaghan â€“ Significant Other
- Murray Hone â€“ Ex-husband
Evangeline Lilly Awards:
- 2007 Golden Globe: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series â€“ Drama â€“ Nominee
- Attended University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada