Drake & Future Sued For $25M, Woman Claims She Was Raped At Concert

A woman is suing Future and Drake for a cool $ 25M. The woman claims she was raped at one of their concerts during the Summer Sixteen tour last year by someone affiliated with the venue. 

Apparently, this is enough to place the rappers at fault, so says her lawyers.

Reports TMZ:

The woman says she attended the duo’s show at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville last August.  The woman claims she was approached by a man associated with Bridgestone Arena who told her he’d take her backstage to meet Drake and Future.

The woman says she followed the man — identified as Leavy Johnson — who then allegedly violently attacked her, causing severe physical and psychological injury. According to The Tennessean, Johnson has since been arrested and charged with rape and is awaiting trial.

Johnson had outstanding warrants for assault at the time of the alleged attack. She says Drake, Future, the arena and multiple others should have known that employing Johnson had the potential to cause a dangerous situation for others.

We hope the woman’s attacker is brought to justice.

Let us know what you think of Drake and Future being named in the lawsuit in the comments.

Photo: screen cap

 

 

 

The post Drake & Future Sued For $ 25M, Woman Claims She Was Raped At Concert appeared first on Hip-Hop Wired.

Hip-Hop Wired

Report: Raiders, Carr close to finalizing deal worth around $25M per year

The NFL could have a new contract king.

The Oakland Raiders and Derek Carr are close to finalizing an extension that will pay the star quarterback around $ 25 million a year, league sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Andrew Luck is currently the NFL’s highest-paid player, earning just under $ 24.6 million a year on a contract the Indianapolis Colts quarterback signed last offseason.

It’s unclear if Carr will actually top Luck’s numbers, but Schefter expects the Raiders’ franchise player to be at or near the top of NFL’s highest-paid players list.

While the two parties are still ironing out some of the contract’s language Wednesday, the deal could be announced as early as the end of the week, added Schefter.

Carr tweeted shortly after the news broke to clarify that the deal wasn't done quite yet.

Carr is coming off an MVP-worthy campaign in just his third NFL season, leading the Raiders to a 12-3 record before suffering a season-ending leg injury in Week 16.

The 26-year-old’s value to the team was further highlighted by his injury, as the Raiders limped into the playoffs – the team’s first postseason appearance since 2002 – and were immediately bounced.

With Carr almost locked down, the Raiders could turn their attention to Khalil Mack, though Oakland has more time to extend the star defensive end thanks to his fifth-year option – a luxury they didn’t have with Carr, who was a second-round pick in 2014.

Carr's deal will also likely be the domino that pushes forward negotiations for Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan. Both are expected to receive extensions this offseason that could top Luck's record annual salary.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

NFL | theScore

Report: White Sox close to deal worth over $25M with Cuban phenom Robert

The race to sign one of the market’s hottest young prodigies may be nearly over, as the Chicago White Sox are reportedly finalizing a deal with Cuban outfield prospect Luis Robert worth more than $ 25 million, a source told MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez.

Robert attracted plenty of interest in recent weeks, and the White Sox reportedly emerged as last-minute favorites for his signature alongside the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.

Due to a limited spending bonus on international free agents, the Cardinals may have been priced out of the race. Robert's reported deal with Chicago would have surpassed the $ 50-million mark with St. Louis due to penalty taxes, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Though only 19 years old, Robert has been considered the second-best international talent, right behind Japanese pitcher-slugger hybrid Shohei Otani. One American League scout even referred to Robert as the "best player on the planet" in February.

Robert slashed .401/.526/.687 in 53 games in 2016 with Ciego de Avila in the Cuban National Series. He also slashed .286/.319/.397 in a shorter appearance (16 games) in the CanAm league in 2016.

Saturday was the first day Robert was eligible to sign with a major-league side after he was officially declared a free agent by MLB one month ago.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Report: Kings, Afflalo agree to 2-year, $25M deal

The Sacramento Kings have agreed to a two-year, $ 25-million deal with shooting guard Arron Afflalo, The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports, citing league sources.

After a strong start to his Knicks career, Afflalo struggled down the stretch, eventually losing his starting job during the second half of last season. In 71 games with New York, the UCLA product averaged 12.8 points, 3.7 rebounds, and two assists on 44.3 percent shooting.

Afflalo fills a need for the Kings, who were in the market for a shooting guard after trading Marco Belinelli to the Charlotte Hornets on draft night. Afflalo's a strong 3-point shooter and should fit in well next to long-bomb specialists Omri Casspi and Darren Collison.

The Kings are reportedly interested in adding more shooting to their roster, and are currently working to lure Ryan Anderson and Courtney Lee to Sacramento.

Afflalo marks the Kings' first major signing this offseason.

Copyright © 2016 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

NBA | theScore

Ortiz: Turning down $25M to play another year would be hard

With an OPS firmly in four-digit territory as June approaches, his knack for late-game heroics as strong as ever, Boston Red Sox icon David Ortiz – the big-bellied, homer-smashing, personified middle finger to baseball's aging curve – continues to inspire hope that he might come back for another summer in the sun in 2017.

Still, the beloved 40-year-old remains adamant this will be his last year playing baseball.

"I'm happy with the decision that I made," Ortiz told Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, "and my feet are happy with the decision that I made, and my wife is happy with the decision that I made. I've got to wait until next year when I ain't doing (expletive) to see how it's gonna hit home. Because I'm not gonna lie to you. I don't know. I think I played enough baseball."

Fair enough. So, Papi, you wouldn’t defer your retirement plans if, say, the Red Sox came to you and offered $ 25 million, right?

"Hopefully," Ortiz said, "nobody comes to me and offers $ 25 million, either."

Um, care to elaborate?

“I don’t even want to talk about it,” Ortiz said. “Like I said, I’m good with the decision that I made right now. But would you leave $ 25 million on the table? I don’t want nobody to offer me that.”

The problem is, the Red Sox just might. Though the club has a $ 10-million option on Ortiz for 2017 – ostensibly his first season as a retiree – what’s stopping president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski from approaching the nine-time All-Star to renegotiate? With marginal wins going for about $ 8 million apiece on the open market these days, Ortiz – who, despite not playing a position, is on pace for a 7-WAR season in 2016 – might actually be a discount at $ 25 million, especially if he continues to age like a fine wine.

Season WAR OPS wRC+ ISO Hard-Hit%
2013 3.3 .959 151 .255 44.4%
2014 2.3 .873 134 .255 45%
2015 2.8 .913 138 .28 41.9%
2016 1.6 1.069 182 .364 46.8%

Ortiz admitted his body isn't nearly as equipped to handle the rigors of an 162-game schedule as it was in the past – "I feel like (expletive)" the day after traveling, he said – but he also recognizes that he's a better hitter than he was at age 30.

“All people talk about is age, age, age, age,” Ortiz said. “Bro, listen. I’m a better hitter now than what I was (expletive) 10 years ago. You know why? Because now I set pitchers up. My mind doesn’t get any confusion. I used to get confused. I’m gonna sit on a slider. Fastball. Boom! Oh, (expletive). Why’d I take that fastball? My whole program I used to change because of that pitch. Now, I decide I’m gonna sit on a slider. Fastball. I don’t care. Fastball. I don’t care. Breaking ball. I don’t care. Changeup. I don’t care. Slider. Here it is.”

Copyright © 2016 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Report: Maeda’s deal with Dodgers worth $25M over 8 years

Japanese right-hander Kenta Maeda is poised to spend most of the next decade in Los Angeles, as his widely-reported agreement with the Dodgers is believed to be an eight-year, $ 25-million deal that includes significant performance bonuses, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Terms of Maeda's deal first surfaced Friday, almost 24 hours after he reportedly agreed to terms with the Dodgers, who earlier this week signed veteran left-hander Scott Kazmir to a three-year deal. Exact details regarding Maeda's performance incentives are not yet known.

Related: Dodgers agree to deal with Kenta Maeda

In addition to committing at least $ 25 million to Maeda – a two-time Sawamura Award winner in his native Japan – the Dodgers will also pay the Hiroshima Carp a $ 20-million release fee for the 27-year-old.

Maeda, who authored a 2.39 ERA with a 3.87 strikeout-to-walk ratio over eight seasons with Hiroshima, will join a revamped Dodgers rotation tentatively poised to feature four left-handers when the 2016 campaign begins.

Projected 2016 rotation

PLAYER IP ERA WHIP K/9
Clayton Kershaw 232.2 2.13 0.88 11.6
Kenta Maeda (Japan) 206.1 2.09 1.01 7.6
Brett Anderson 180.1 3.69 1.33 6
Scott Kazmir 183.0 3.10 1.20 7.6
Hyun-Jin Ryu DNP -.– -.–

Maeda is the second Japanese expatriate to land a major-league contract with the Dodgers after being posted by his NPB club. In 2002, the Dodgers signed Kazuhisa Ishii away from the Yakult Swallows, giving the right-hander a four-year, $ 12.3-million deal after making a successful posting bid of $ 11.26 million. Though Hiroki Kuroda, another Hiroshima star, also received his first MLB contract from the Dodgers back in 2008, he accrued enough service time in Japan to forego the posting system.

Copyright © 2016 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Report: Royals finalizing 3-year, $25M deal with Joakim Soria

The Kansas City Royals are reportedly finalizing a deal with reliever Joakim Soria, according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. The deal is for three years and worth $ 25 million, according to Jon Heyman.

The World Series champions acted fast on replacing a bullpen piece in Ryan Madson, who reportedly signed a three-year deal with the Oakland Athletics Sunday morning.

Soria, 31, started the season for the Detroit Tigers before being dealt to the Pittsburgh Pirates on July 30 for infielder JaCoby Jones. His 72 appearances in 2015 set a new career-high, and sported his best ERA (2.53) since the 2010 season.

Soria is no stranger to the Royals after being selected in the 2006 Rule 5 draft from the San Diego Padres. From 2007-11, he recorded 160 saves before sitting out the 2012 season due to Tommy John surgery.

The right-hander joins Wade Davis, Kelvin Herrera, Luke Hochevar, and Tim Collins among others in a bullpen that ranked second in reliever ERA (2.72) to only the Pittsburgh Pirates last year.

Copyright © 2015 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore