Mets swept by Yankees in Subway Series for 1st time since 2003

For the first time since 2003 – and only the second time in franchise history – the New York Mets were swept by the New York Yankees in the Subway Series.

Outscored by no more than two runs in each of the four games, the series appeared close by run differential, yet the Mets were unable to squeak out a single victory.

"It sucks to suck," Mets losing pitcher Steven Matz told Mike Puma of the New York Post following Thursday's decision.

The Yankees improved to 66-46 against their senior-circuit rival, having won or split 18 of the 21 season series against the Mets since 1997.

In 2017, the four-game set that spanned Monday to Thursday represented the only games the two teams would play against each other. The last time the Bronx swept Flushing was back in 2003, when the Yankees won all six meetings – outscoring the Mets 39-19.

To his credit, Curtis Granderson provided some late-game heroics Thursday, hitting a ninth-inning grand slam off of Bryan Mitchell. After cutting the lead to 7-5 though, the Mets' rally was snuffed out by Dellin Betances, who retired the next three batters for the save.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Richard Jefferson pokes fun at Deron Williams’ time with Cavs

Richard Jefferson is the clown prince of today's NBA, and the gregarious wing continued to flex his comedic timing on the latest "Road Trippin'" Podcast while ribbing former teammate Deron Williams.

Here's the exchange between Jefferson, ESPN reporter Dave McManamin, and announcer Chris Geeter, during which the Cleveland Cavaliers veteran detailed some of D-Will's likes and dislikes:

Jefferson: When you ask Deron about golf, his eyes light up. When you ask Deron about (mixed martial arts), his eyes light up.

McMenamin: What about when you talk to him about coming off the bench for the Cavaliers?

Jefferson: His eyes did not light up. His eyes did not light up.

Geeter: What about when the Warriors saw him coming off the bench?

Jefferson: Their eyes lit up.

After a strong start to the season with the Dallas Mavericks in which Williams averaged 13.1 points and 6.9 assists per game, he was waived in order to join the Cavaliers in their quest to repeat as NBA champions.

Unfortunately, Williams averaged just 4.3 points and 2.1 assists during the playoffs with Cleveland, including one point and 1.2 assists in the Finals where the Cavs fell to the Golden State Warriors in five games.

– With h/t to Fear the Sword

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

NBA | theScore

Report: Rockies’ Bettis to start Monday for 1st time since cancer treatments

Chad Bettis is about to make his triumphant return to the mound.

The 28-year-old, who has missed the entirety of the 2017 season so far after his testicular cancer was found to have spread during spring training, will make his first start of the season for the Colorado Rockies on Monday when they host the Atlanta Braves at Coors Field, according to Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post.

While the Rockies have yet to officially announce Monday's starter, manager Bud Black hinted that Bettis could get the nod earlier in the week. On Friday, Black told Saunders that he was one of three starters under consideration to take the hill that night, along with Tyler Chatwood and Antonio Senzatela.

Bettis was activated from the 60-day disabled list Aug. 5 after making five rehab appearances across two minor-league levels. But Colorado immediately optioned him to Triple-A Albuquerque so he could make one more start before rejoining the big club. In his most recent outing with Albuquerque on Tuesday, Bettis allowed just one run on three hits while striking out two over five innings.

He had surgery to remove a testicle in November following the initial cancer diagnosis and received a clean bill of health after the procedure. But upon arrival at spring training, it was discovered that the cancer spread, forcing him to leave the team and undergo chemotherapy.

Almost immediately after completing his chemo and receiving a clean bill of health in June, Bettis rejoined the Rockies and began rehabbing with the team.

Throughout his treatments, Bettis maintained he would return to the big leagues before the end of 2017.

"The way I see it, it's going to happen. I think it's a realistic goal," he told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports in May while undergoing chemo. "At what point in time during the season I would be coming back is all kind of up in the air. But it's something that I'm going to be pushing to get to."

In 2016, Bettis was one of the Rockies' most reliable starters, posting a 4.79 ERA and 1.414 WHIP while striking out 138 batters across a team-high 32 starts and 186 innings pitched.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Ancient Egyptian Stories Will Be Published In English For The First Time

While people may view inscriptions in Greek or Latin as pretty, they still recognize their merit as text. Indeed, writings from ancient Greece and Rome are revered and considered classics of Western literature. Egyptian hieroglyphics, however, are often seen as mere decoration. Sometimes, the characters are literally used as wallpaper. One reason is that schoolchildren […]
World Truth.TV

Curious Case of a Boy Who Stops Breathing Every Time He Falls Asleep

Liam Derbyshire was born with a very rare congenital disease that causes him to stop breathing every time he falls asleep. Doctors told his parents that he wouldn’t live past six weeks, but the boy has defied the odds and will soon turn 18-years-old. Liam suffers from a condition known as central hypoventilation, or “Ondine’s Curse”, […]
World Truth.TV

Kylie Jenner Turns 20: See Her Most OMFG Pictures of All Time!

It’s hard to believe Kylie Jenner is only 20 years old, given that she's been teasing us with seriously racy photos like these for years.

Years, people. The girl is basically 20 going on 35 in a sense.

We have no idea what that means honestly, or why we settled on the arbitrary 35 in order to make our alleged point, but this is clear:

Ever since we've known she existed, the youngest member of the whole Keeping Up with the Kardashians crew has been just … gulp.

Flaunting extreme cleavage, huge lips and come-hither expressions, the social media queen has been taught well by big sister Kim.

Exploited handsomely by Momager Kris, to the tune of hundreds of millions (yes, hundreds), she's created a global Kardempire.

We just coined that phrase. Not sure if it works, but you win some and you lose some. Regardless, we're all winners thanks to these pics.

In honor of Kylie Kristen turning 20 on August 10, 2017, behold the 47 hottest photos of her young life below and bask in the beauty.

1. Kylie Jenner Seduces Followers

Kylie jenner seduces followers
Kylie Jenner wrote that she had a “broken nail” in this photo. But why do we think no one is really looking at her nail?

2. Kylie Jenner: Semi-Topless Boob Grab Photo

Kylie jenner semi topless boob grab photo
Kylie Jenner is getting more and more naked everyday to promote a new shade of her lip kit. We like where this trend is headed.

3. Kylie Jenner Tiger Toy Image

Kylie jenner tiger toy image
Kylie held a tiger toy up to her crotch during a recent photoshoot. We think it might be her subtle way of saying she’s banging Tyga.

4. Kylie Jenner Butt Picture

Kylie jenner butt picture
Kylie Jenner is mighty proud of her rear end. She flaunts it in this photo from Instagram.

5. Kylie Jenner Piercing

Kylie jenner piercing
Stop staring at Kylie Jenner’s cleavage! She’s showing off her new piercing in this Instagram photo.

6. Kylie Jenner Cleavage

Kylie jenner cleavage
Kylie Jenner’s cleavage is off the hook in this photo. Just unbelievable, really. Is it real? We think so. Is it spectacular? You tell us.

View Slideshow

The Hollywood Gossip

Report: Kent State strength coach appears uncertified at time of player’s death

Kent State is unable to produce any NCAA required certification for head strength coach Ross Bowsher, who supervised drills the day freshman offensive lineman Tyler Heintz collapsed and died, Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports reports.

Heintz, 19, died on June 13. The preliminary cause of death was determined to be hyperthermia, a condition that develops when the body is unable to properly cool itself.

A Freedom of Information Act request asking for copies of certification pertaining to strength and conditioning staff revealed "no responsive records" connected to Bowsher, a Kent State spokesman told CBS Sports.

According to Dodd, two of the nation's largest strength and conditioning organizations were also unable to find certification for Bowsher.

A Kent State spokesman released the following statement regarding the issue:

We continue to mourn the loss of Tyler Heintz, and the Kent State family is focused on joining with the Heintz family in honoring the memory of Tyler in our thoughts and actions.

Kent State University continues to assess and review all policies and practices relative to the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. It is premature to report the totality of our findings, but we remain steadfast in the due diligence of our review and our commitment to the safety and well-being of all student-athletes at Kent State University.

CBS also obtained copies of the workout plans for the day of and the day before Heintz's death, and had them analyzed by two different experts. The experts concluded there "didn't seem to be anything overly strenuous in the workouts."

Despite not being able to provide certification for Bowsher, the university was able to produce Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association memberships for four subordinates.

Even if Bowsher's certification had expired, strength coaches are not considered certified if a membership happens to lapse.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

NCAAF | theScore

Beltre: ‘I’m not going to waste my time’ on PED accusations

Adrian Beltre has no time for those who are questioning his accomplishments.

While Beltre was being celebrated for recording his 3,000th hit on Sunday, FOX Sports Radio host Doug Gottlieb took to both the airwaves and his Twitter account to openly question the authenticity of the 38-year-old's achievements, suggesting they were aided by the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Gottlieb, a former NCAA basketball player, backed up his views by pointing to Beltre’s increased production since he turned 30 years old, as well as his background as a native of the Dominican Republic and his playing for the Texas Rangers, a team that’s employed multiple stars who have both admitted to or been accused of using PEDs, including Jose Canseco and Alex Rodriguez.

On Tuesday, Beltre addressed Gottlieb’s remarks very briefly, and he felt no need to defend his career in the face of the host’s sudden questioning.

“I’m not going to waste my time talking about people who just want to make a bunch of accusations,” Beltre told Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. “I’m not going to waste time on somebody who just wants five minutes of fame.”

While Beltre didn’t want to spend much time on the issue, his longtime agent Scott Boras and Rangers general manager Jon Daniels were both quick to come to his defense and denounce Gottlieb’s accusations with strong statements of their own.

“That’s grandstanding for ratings and notoriety,” Daniels told Grant. “Take a controversial stance to get your name in the news. It’s also offensive on a number of levels.”

On Sunday, Beltre doubled off Baltimore’s Wade Miley to become the first Dominican-born member of the 3,000-hit club, and the 31st player overall.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

MLB | theScore

Report: Alabama’s Da’Shawn Hand asleep in parked car at time of arrest

Alabama's Da'Shawn Hand was asleep in his parked car when he was arrested early Saturday morning for DUI, Aaron Suttles of The Tuscaloosa News reports.

The defensive lineman was eventually released from jail on a $ 1,000 bond, while coach Nick Saban expressed disappointment in the incident.

Hand registered 21 tackles and two sacks as a junior, and is projected to move into the starting lineup this season.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

NCAAF | theScore